Expert Computer Course (ECC)
The aim of ECC is to assist a prospective entrant into a professional stream with attaining the necessary skills and knowledge needed to complete in today’s competitive scenario. The focus of the course is divided amongst the following four dimensions:
- Understanding Computer Hardware, Software and its maintenance
- Office Automation – Disposal of daily routine jobs using Office Automation Tools
- Exploring the wide world of Internet and latest technologies in online services and e-Gov applications
- Personality development with communication skills
The course emphasizes on skill development and latest advancements in the technological world that will help an individual to build up and upgrade skills thereby closing the technological gaps.
The module on financial literacy will enable the individuals to understand the various financial services and be aware of the various schemes of Government of India.
Eligibility: XII Pass
DURATION: 200 Hours
Examination: Examination for the certificate course will be conducted by the NIELIT(formerly DOEACC Society) as per the calendar of events given below.
Module 1 – Introduction to Computer & Basic Concepts:
- Characteristics of Computer System, Basic Applications of Computer
- Concept of Hardware and Software: Hardware, Software, Application & Systems software
- Programming Languages
- Representation of Data/Information
- Concept of Data processing
Module 2 – Operating System:
- Basics of Operating System
- Basics of popular operating system (LINUX, WINDOWS)
- The User Interface: Task Bar, Icons, Start Menu, Running an Application- notepad, paint etc..
- Operating System Simple Setting: Changing System Date And Time, Changing Display Properties, To Add Or Remove A Windows Component, Changing Mouse Properties, Adding and removing Printers
- File and Directory Management
- Desktop: exploring the desktop, cleaning the desktop;
Module 3 – Basic Computer Hardware:
- Basic Input/Output System
- Memory systems
- Data storage devices,
- Printers, Portable computers and devices, Connecting computers,
Module 4 – Word Processing:
- Word Processing Basics: Opening Word Processing Package, Menu Bar, Using The Icons
- Opening and closing Documents
- Printing of Documents;
- Text Creation and manipulation
- Formatting a document
- Draw Table, Changing cell width and height, Alignment of Text in cell
- Inserting Graphic Elements
- Mail Merge: Using mail merge
Module 5 – Spreadsheet:
- Elements of Electronic Spread Sheet
- Manipulation of Cells
- Inserting and Deleting Rows, Column, Changing Cell Height and Width;
- Formulas and Function: Using Formulas, Function, basic mathematical operators, using AutoSum etc., using formulas with multiple cell references, finding the right function, relative and absolute cell references, fixing formula errors; Charts: learning about charts, creating charts; Working with graphics; Clip Art; SmartArt.
- Use of Pivot Table and Pivot Chart.
Module 6 – Presentation:
- Basic Concepts of presentation: Using PowerPoint, Opening A Power Point Presentation, Saving A Presentation;
- Creation of Presentation: Creating a Presentation Using a Template, Creating a Blank Presentation, Entering and Editing Text, Inserting And Deleting Slides in a Presentation;
- Presentation of Slides: Viewing A Presentation, Choosing a Set Up for Presentation, Printing Slides And Handouts;
- Slide Show: Running a Slide Show, Transition and Slide Timings, Automating a Slide Show.
Module 7 – Database Management Systems:
- Introduction to the concepts of database management system; Creating a database;
- Creating a Table: concepts of field, field types; entering data in a table, preview and print a table, changing row and column height; closing and opening of table, sorting of table, finding and replacing texts; using queries wizard; creating report from tables / queries from report wizard, modifying a report, printing of report; creating a form using wizard, entry in the forms; basic of formatting of forms and reports.
Module 8 – Cyber Security:
- Cyber Security: Basic concepts of threats, vulnerabilities, controls; risk; confidentiality, integrity, availability; security policies; security mechanisms; Data Security and protection: concept, creating strong passwords; how to stay safe when surfing on internet: “In private Browsing”, identifying secure website, clear cookies;
- Know how to identify a secure web site: https, lock symbol; Security Considerations: Know about security threats from web sites like: viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spyware. Understand the term malware; Netiquettes, DOS, DDOS;
- Netiquettes; Security Considerations: Be aware of the possibility of receiving fraudulent and unsolicited e-mail; phishing, Recognize attempted phishing;
Module 9 – PC Maintenance, Security & Troubleshooting:
- Computer Maintenance and Security: Overview of Computer Maintenance and Security, , Antivirus, Upgrading Operating System and Application software. Security
- Deleting unnecessary programs and files: Disk cleanup, deleting toolbars; defrag hard drive;
- Computer maintenance programs: Ccleaner, myDefrag, Spinrite etc.;
- Basic troubleshooting: restart computer, checking cables, uninstalling a software, start windows in safe mode etc.
- Windows installation and upgrades, CPUs and motherboards, Memory systems, Expansion cards, Data storage devices, Ports, computers and devices, Networking, Security, Maintaining the PC environment.
Module 10 – Networking & Troubleshooting:
- Basic of Computer Networks: LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi, Broadband, Bluetooth;
- Internet: Concept of Internet, Applications of Internet, Connecting to the Internet, Troubleshooting; WWW, TCP/IP, DNS, Search Engine; Key web browser features, Brief about switch, router, gateway;
- Various applications of Internet: e-mail, information gathering, retailing etc.;
- Methods of connecting to the Internet: Dial up, ISDN and broadband; Brief introduction to Internet addressing, Internet protocols (TCP/IP, FTP and HTTP);
- Internet protocols (TCP/IP, FTP and HTTP);
- Web, Downloading Web Pages, Printing Web
- Commerce on Internet, Impact of Internet on Society.
- Overview of use of search engines and e-mail messages;
- Instant Messaging and Collaboration: Using Instant messaging, Instant messaging providers,
- Use of Social Networking Sites viz. Facebook, Twitter etc.; Introduction to the concepts of IPv4 and IPv6 networks;
- Network troubleshooting
Module 11 – Latest trends in IECT & e-Governance:
- Applications of IECT: e-governance, Multimedia and Entertainment;
- Project Management using IT tools & related applications
- Introduction to Cloud Computing: What is cloud computing, Properties & Characteristics, Service models, Deployment models; Concepts of: IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service), SaaS (Software as a service), DaaS (Desktop as a Service).
- Introduction to Mobile Computing, its components and characteristics.
- Digital signature: definition as per ITA 2000, how digital signature works; role of certifying authorities: Digital Certificates and their uses, Certifying Authority regulation in India,
- e-Governance: Definition of e-Governance, Pillars of e-Governance, Infrastructure for e-Governance, Mission Mode Projects (At least 5), Familiarization with terminology like change management, processing engineering, Govt. Processing engineering and Governance, e-Governance project life cycle
Module 12 – Application of Digital Financial Services
Why savings are needed, Why save in a bank, Banking products-ATM card, Rupay Card, Banking Instruments-Cheque, Demand Draft (DD), Currency Notes, Banking Services Delivery Channels, Know Your Customer (KYC), Opening of bank account and documents required, Types of bank accounts, Bank’s services including remittances, loan, mobile banking, Overdraft, Pension etc., Types of Insurance, Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), password security and ATM withdrawal, Insurance, Social Security Schemes-Atal Pension Yojana (APY), Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY), Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY), Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY).
Module 13 – ELECTRONIC MAIL – A detailed view:
- Basics of E-mail: What is an Electronic Mail,
- Mailbox: Inbox and Outbox, Creating and Sending a new E-mail, Forwarding an E-mail message, Sorting and Searching emails, Document collaboration; instant Messaging and Collaboration: Using Instant messaging, Instant messaging providers, Netiquettes;
- Configuring mail on mobile, creating groups, message formations, do’s & don’t using mobile, attachment, difference between Bcc & Cc
- Email Protocols: SMTP, POP3, IMAP4, MIME5; Email Clients: Netscape mail clients, Outlook Express, web based E-mail; Email encryption.
- The objective of this Chapter is to develop the skills to effectively compose emails and its features.
Module 14 – Introduction to Multimedia:
- Basic concepts, Hardware requirement for multimedia computer; Textural information;
- Components of Multimedia: Images and their types, Animation, Digital audio, Digital Video Software for Multimedia, Introduction to MS-Publisher and Photodraw, Developing simple application and presentations using MS-Publisher.
Module15 – HTML Programming Basics:
- Concepts of HTML page structure,
- FrontPage / Interdev
- HTML text, HTML Links, Using CSS, Using tables,
- HTML document tables,
- HTML frames,
- HTML images,
Module 16 – Soft Skills:
- Effective communication: features of effective communication;
- Communication Skills & Call Handling Skills
- Listening Skills: Types of Listening; Tips for Effective Listening: Academic Listening- (lecturing), Listening to Talks and Presentations, Listening to Announcements.
- Corporate culture
- CRM Concepts
- Selling skills, Behavioral Skills
- Vocabulary Development, Pronunciation
- Reading, Listening And Speaking, Writing
- Integrated Skills
- Non-Verbal Communication